Mitre saws are valuable tools for craftsmen and carpenters. Unfortunately, most owners of these important tools do not know how to maintain and clean their tools. Well-maintained saws generally offer the best sawing quality. If you also know how to properly clean and maintain your router, the tool will last longer.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your chainsaw is not a difficult task. If you do it out of habit, you can take care of your instrument for years. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Removing dirt and dust The first step in cleaning and maintaining the Mitrovision saw is to remove dirt from the Mitrovision saw. Compressed air is needed to remove dust particles from tool surfaces. More attention should be paid to the moving parts of the instrument so that no dust particles remain on it.
- If you have used compressed air to blow away the waste and the work is not finished, you should also make sure the tool is clean by wiping it with a clean, dry cloth or tissue to make it look like new.
- TIP: If you are on holiday in the shop, you can also use it to dispose of the saw’s waste.
- Cleaning the mitre saw and the fence table
Some people think the cleaning is done after they have cleaned their tools. The last thing they do is clean the saw bench and the fence. This can’t be happening.
- The cleaning task should also be extended to these external components of the saw. When you clean the cutting and fence table, you have completely cleaned the surface of the saw.
- To clean your office and the fence, you need a light scotchpad. If you don’t have it, you can buy it at a hardware store or grocery store. You should also use liquid circular movements, cleaning agents, only on the table and fence. Use these cleaning products to clean and shine tool surfaces. It is necessary to exert some force on the surface, especially in the presence of coated particles. Ensure that all particles are removed from the surface.
- The cleaning and grinding of
saw blades is very important because the functionality of the tool largely depends on the functionality of the saw blades. If the knives work, the tool will give better cutting results. It is therefore very important that you clean the knives.
- The blade is sharp, so you have to be very careful when removing dirt from the teeth of the blade. Don’t use your bare hands. You might consider using a brush or wearing thick work gloves. After cleaning and removing the dirt from the blade teeth, apply a little cooling oil to the surface of the blade. Use circular movements when applying lubricating and cooling oil.
- Tighten the knives when they get boring. Make sure you use the correct sharpening tools and learn how to sharpen the knives, otherwise you will ask for help.
- Cleaning the external moving parts
There are external moving parts with a saw that should not be ignored when cleaning the tool. Apply the correct lubricant to these parts. Refer to the instruction manual for the lubricants needed to lubricate these parts. Lubrication helps to make them more functional by reducing friction. This also increases the durability of the components.
- Check the
cutting board, brushes and power cord. When checking these parts, look for punctures, wear, chips, cracks and fractures on the brushes. Check the power cable for cracks, brakes or cuts. Replace all worn parts.
By following these maintenance procedures each time you use the saw, you can keep the saw in good condition and extend its life as long as possible. Remember that if parts of the saw are worn or broken, they must always be replaced to ensure that the tool is safe and works properly.
Last updated on the 13th. October 2019.
how to oil a miter saw,chop saw maintenance checklist,lubricating slides on mitre saw,miter saw hard to slide,miter saw gear grease,dewalt miter saw leaking oil,dewalt miter saw troubleshooting,how to clean miter saw table
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.