Most of the saws that we examine here on the site are wired models that have a good reason to be used in the … You get more and more power, even when you plug it in.
But every now and then, the excellent wireless alternative breaks the mould and offers a perfect package of full flexibility and impeccable performance.
Today, as part of the 10-inch review of the Makita XSL06PT, we will analyze this fantastic sliding composite model to see if it is useful for your store.
Discover the most important features before taking a look at this multifunction laser saw for…
- Brushless motor 36V (18V x 2)
- 2 lithium-ion batteries
- 4400 rpm Idle speed
- Direct drive with soft start and protection
- Dust collection system 150CFM
- Positive stops
- Integrated laser
- Cone lock / drawer lock
- Electric brake
- Bare tools + set of saws
- More than 50 exams
A great mitre saw! The XSL06PT cuts very precisely and the batteries last very long! i’m glad i have it. now there’s sawdust everywhere, but that’s what happens when you saw wood, especially without really accumulating dust. the bag works well, i think (there’s always sawdust in it), but of course it works much better when i use a vacuum cleaner. but it’s not the saw’s fault.
from Amazon –customers
If you are on your way to a cordless saw, you may have noticed 10 lenses from DeWalt and Milwaukee’s stables, but Makita beats them down with her hands. Although this is more than just a useful alternative, the biggest praise we can give Makita is that you will completely forget that it is a wireless device as soon as you deserve it, instead of complaining about the lack of speed or power.
The brushless motor is the jewel in the crown of this 10 inch hard saw. The 18V Li-ion battery belt provides up to 36 volts of cutting power. Due to the absence of carbon brushes, the BL motor runs smoothly and without overheating. Efficient energy management means that batteries cannot be overheated, overcharged or over-discharged.
The engine runs at a very impressive 4400 rpm, which is more than enough to meet the most reasonable demands. Thanks to the automatic speed change technology, the cutting speed and torque are carefully matched to each other in order to optimise the cutting performance under load.
If you cut 2 x 4 times, expect to cut more than 300 times before removing the magazine. You get 192 notches if you climb 2 x 12 tree trunks. That’s more than enough to make up for the inconvenience of a break and give Makita some juice.
With no risk of belt slippage, the direct drive with soft start technology ensures constant, uninterrupted power. Another advantage of direct-drive motors is that they don’t wear out over time, so your cuts will be just as dense and confident after years of use.
The 2 steel rail system provides a simple sliding and sliding function and allows the saw to be placed close to the wall if necessary. For such a powerful saw, Makita takes up relatively little space in the workshop, which is a big advantage if, like most of us, you don’t have a lot of space.
You’ve been spoiled with this 10-inch saw, which is the best in its class. Forming the inlaid crown makes it possible to cut up to 6 5/8 inches. The vertical capacity is 5 ¼ inches, while you can move large spaces – in fact up to 4 x 12 – by 90 degrees, allowing you to expand the range of projection applications.
If you move left and right up to 60 degrees, you will find cavities in all expected angles. Everything falls into place and there is not much danger of slipping when you stop, unless you are working at a breakneck speed.
It’s nice to talk to Makita. The handle you turn to secure things and the position in the front and middle prevents you from twisting and stretching your hand. The release lever is slightly less comfortable to use and requires a slight adjustment. They can be adjusted in any direction up to 48 degrees.
The 4¾ inch fence is robust and provides sufficient support. This makes mowing in mitre and mowing more accurate.
The integrated laser is a good thing. You have a clean cutting line, whether the knife is rotating or not.
The dust collector is more than suitable for this purpose, with a few connections and a complete dust bag. Whether you decide to buy a bag or a connection to a holiday shop, it is very important that your workplace is free of waste to maintain a safe and hygienic environment.
You get a 10 sheet, but Makita is a simple tool, so keep the cost of batteries in mind when budgeting. You’ll get a triangular line and an Allen wrench, but that’s the extent of the addition.
Now consider the pros and cons of the Makita 10 cam saw before deciding whether or not to use it in your home workshop.
- A pair of 18V LXT lithium-ion batteries work together to deliver exceptional runtime, power and performance without the inconvenience of a power cord.
- The brushless motor operates at a maximum speed of 4400 rpm, which is fast enough even for demanding applications.
- Auto-shift technology is available to take over the focus process.
- You get hundreds of savings with a single charge, which is ideal for most conventional projects.
- Excellent cutting capacity up to 6 5/8 inches (vertical cornice), 5 ¼ inches (vertical skirting) and a 12-inch diameter at 90 degrees.
- meters from 0 to 60 degrees in both directions with positive stops to the left and right from 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45 and 60 degrees.
- The tilt lock can be quickly set from 0 to 48 degrees left and right.
- 2 dedusting openings for efficient disposal of waste and small particles
- Sliding functionality in one step thanks to a two-step sliding system on rails
- The laser clearly indicates your cutting line to increase accuracy.
- 10 inch micropolished sheet with 40 teeth in one set
- Sold as a naked tool, so you have to dig a little deeper to find two batteries.
- It can be difficult to change angles and cut until you get used to the buttons.
- It’s not exactly cheap, but it still represents an excellent overall value.
A battery saw isn’t for everyone, but if you’re open-minded and want to try something different, Makita probably won’t let you down.
With its excellent cutting capabilities, durable batteries and the classic two-stage sliding system, this laser-guided saw has earned its place in every home workshop. It will also serve as a convenient on-site tool if you are a contractor looking for maximum portability and ease of use without sacrificing performance.
If you are still in doubt, a fantastic 3-year limited warranty on your saw, battery and charger should give you more confidence.
We really can’t recommend Makita XSL06PT strongly enough. It’s a first-class 10-inch saw you wouldn’t expect to see cordless. Take a look at one today and come back soon for lower prices for better power tools.
Share this guide and help someone today!
3 Reflections on the Makita XSL06PT 10 Multifunctional saw table with 2 levels with laser kitOverview
- I loved your article, so much information. Of course you understand that you can help with the choice of a saw to answer these questions? I don’t know what details to pay attention to, how much a good saw costs, in general I don’t know anything. On the internet I got to know some good saws, my favorite was the 12 inch Makita LS1221 compound mitre box and the Makita XSL06PT 10 2-blade sliding table saw you described. I don’t have enough money to buy it, I need a budget option. For example, how would you rate this Hitachi C10FCG 15-Amp 10 miter saw with a single bevel? I think it’s good and cheap and that’s very important to me.
- Come in and answer
- Hitachi is a very good budget that will last for years. It’s good, durable and light. It would be better to devalue dw715. After all, it is a devaluation and always at a discount. There’s something you need to think about. You can’t go wrong either. They’re both great without breaking the bank.
- Come in and answer
- Does the Makita battery have a 10-inch stop for adjusting the depth?
- Come in and answer
Leave a note
You must be logged in to leave a comment.
This website uses Akismet to reduce spam. Find out how your comments will be handled.
makita 12 inch cordless miter saw,makita cordless miter saw 7 1/2,makita miter saw,makita xsl06z,makita 36v mitre saw,makita cordless miter saw dust collection,xsl04ptu,makita 7 1/4 miter saw cordless